Saturday, March 12, 2011

PE1_iMovie


I learned several interesting things about making movies after watching the movie series titled iMovie 11 Essential Training on www.lynda.com.  I would have loved to have had access to this series earlier in the program, as many of the things that were taught I have had to learn through my own “trial and error” experiences with iMovie. 

The first thing is, of course, becoming familiar with the equipment required to make movies.  I learned about the devices and connectors that are compatible with iMovie, and I learned how to distinguish among the different connectors:







I learned that it is possible to preview footage in iMovie when the source device (eg camera or other external source) is connected to the computer where iMovie is installed.  However, the footage must be imported in iMovie before a project can be created and editing can begin.  iMovie can import video files with the following extensions:  .mov, .mp4, and .dv.

As explained in the movies, the difference between tape-based and tapeless camera imports is that the contents from tapeless cameras are available for preview in iMovie so it is easier to find and select the desired items for import.

No comments:

Post a Comment